Important Health & Safety Information For You
SAHARA Cares Mission
Your health and safety are our priority. We care deeply about the well-being of our guests, team members and community. We are committed to creating a safe, clean environment that minimizes risk, using the most well-developed advice of public health and facility experts. You can take comfort in knowing that our enhanced COVID-19 sanitizing procedures go above and beyond our already rigorous standards. We are closely monitoring and applying procedural cleaning standards as provided by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), Southern Nevada Health District (SNHD), World Health Organization, and the Nevada Gaming Control Board (NGCB).
In addition to using specialized, CDC recommended disinfectants, we are applying BIOPROTECT™, an EPA registered, anti-microbial surface protectant to high-touch items like door handles, gaming chips, elevator buttons, and slot machine panels. This groundbreaking product contains no poisons or heavy metals but effectively aids in preventing microbial contamination on surfaces for up to 90 days after application. These surfaces will still be continuously cleaned with disinfectant and BIOPROTECT™ will provide additional assurance that a surface is clean. You can learn more about BIOPROTECT™ here: https://bioprotect.us/.
Your Guest Room We have made enhancements to our already strict sanitizing practices. Guests can be assured their room has been thoroughly disinfected with special attention paid to areas of high contact including handles, water faucets, remote controls, toilet seats, countertops, furniture pulls, light switches, thermostats, clocks, phones, and flooring. Our fresh linens are laundered locally so we can ensure the best quality cleaning products and proper water temperature. Linens are never co-mingled with those of other major resorts. After each room has been cleaned, it is inspected for the proper health and safety requirements. Once the room is deemed cleaned to specifications, it will be considered sealed until the guest checks in. During their stay, guests can use our contactless-virtual guest assistance to request additional amenities, fresh towels, and trash removal.
Casino The live gaming experience will include less players on each game with the appropriate distance between games to ensure that we are complying with recommendations from the NGCB. Our leadership team will discourage unrelated parties from gathering in groups while still promoting a comfortable experience. To protect team members and other guests, players of live table games will be required to wear face masks and to step away from the game if they want to smoke. There will also be increased sanitization of table rails, chairs, dice, and chips in addition to changes in procedures to minimize player touching of cards. Hand sanitizer will be readily available for all. Guests can expect additional space between slot machines to ensure players have their own safety zone. Machines (including kiosks and ATMs) and chairs will be disinfected regularly and at any time, guests may request a machine to be sanitized while they wait to play by contacting one of our slot attendants by pressing the service button on their machine.
Restaurants and Bars Our culinary and sanitation teams follow strict guidelines that meet the requirements of the SNHD and the Food and Drug Administration. We have redesigned our menus and service practices to minimize guest risk such as eliminating reusable menus, utilizing single-use items when appropriate, and reducing touchpoints for payments. All restaurants and bars will have limited seating to permit appropriate distance between guests. After guests have completed service, their chair, table, and/or bar space will be disinfected and sanitized prior to the next guest’s arrival.
Meeting Spaces Our conference center will be completely sanitized prior to and throughout your event. Meetings and conference center events will include physical distancing based on recommended guidelines. We have many options for adjusting seating capacity to ensure safe space between guests. We also offer a variety of options for meal service and coffee breaks that comply with local and state recommendations. Our dedicated sales team offers clients virtual support for tours, site visits, and overall planning needs.
We have consistently prioritized the need to have fresh, circulating air for our guests and team members. We will increase the amount of outside air we bring into our ventilation system to “turn over” inside air more quickly, as well as continue our commitment to replace air filters on a regular basis. We will work closely with experts in HVAC as well as the state and local health officials to stay abreast of innovations and air quality data as it becomes available.
Guest Use Items Numerous hand sanitizer stations and disinfecting wipes will be available at entry points as well as throughout the property. Additionally, each restroom will have instructions posted regarding proper handwashing etiquette to reduce the risk of germs. For your convenience, complimentary face masks are available on property.
Health and Hygiene Reminders Guests can expect signage throughout the property and in the restrooms as reminders of proper handwashing, how to cover sneezes and coughs, personal mask and glove disposal, and reminders to minimize touching their faces.
Social Distancing Throughout the property, guests will see markers on the floor or stanchions to signify the amount of distance they should keep between other people not in their group. This will be expected in line queuing, as well as in the casino where guests might observe other guests playing slots or tables. We are also limiting the number of guests in smaller areas such as elevators, restaurants and retail stores.
Personal Protective Guards Guests will see countertop plexiglass shields on property, including at the front desk, players club, casino cage, and the sportsbook. These will help protect guests and team members during face-to-face transactions. These protective guards will be disinfected regularly.
Training Our team members will receive full training and updates regarding COVID-19 cleaning and hygiene protocols as well as how to identify potential guest wellness concerns in their areas. In the event a suspected case is reported on property, team members will have clear instructions regarding their role and how to advance concerns.
Temperature Checks All team members and vendors will have their temperature checked as they enter the property. Anyone with a high temperature will undergo further assessment, be advised of appropriate medical care steps and must receive clearance before returning to work.
Personal Protective Equipment Team members will be provided with and required to wear face masks in adherence to local and state guidelines. For roles that require access to frequent touchpoints (public area department, housekeeping) or guests (security) team members will be provided gloves as well.
Shared Equipment and Workstations Changes will be made to minimize shared workstations and equipment as much as possible. For devices that must be shared, they will be cleaned and disinfected prior to the next person using the device. Team members will also clean equipment several times throughout their shift.
Heart of the House Behind the scenes, areas will be disinfected often and, like the main guest areas, with COVID-19 standards in mind. Team members will also continue to practice social distancing while on break and walking between areas of the property.
What To Expect
- Guests will be required to wear a protective face mask in public areas
- Guests are encouraged to use the Paradise Avenue entrance when arriving at the hotel
- If arriving via the South Las Vegas Boulevard entrance, please make your way to the front desk area, past the casino
- Please note that valet service will not be available and we encourage you to use the East or West parking garage for complimentary parking of your vehicle
- Bell services will be offered upon request
- Upon arrival at the lobby, please feel free to utilize our hand sanitizer stations and disinfectant wipes and please practice safe social distancing
- Stanchions will be set per window with social distancing markers and protective shields at the counter
- To minimize shared paper products, we encourage you to use our SMS/mobile texting application, email and our website for property maps, information and our virtual guest assistance
- Social distancing signage and markers will be in place reminding guests of a limit of eight (8) per elevator
- Hotel ambassadors will be monitoring the elevator lobby to ensure fewer people per elevator as well as activating the buttons so guests can minimize exposure
- Complimentary masks are available at check-in
- Your room will be treated with BIOPROTECT™ using enhanced cleaning standards and stringent disinfectant protocols
- Once the room is deemed cleaned to specifications, it will be considered sealed until the guest checks in
- Television remote controls will be disinfected, packaged and sealed
- All paper products will be removed from the room with information available on the in-room TV system and on our website at saharalasvegas.com
- Glassware will be replaced with single-use, sealed cups
- You may request a sanitized iron, hairdryer, or additional bedding at any time during your stay
- Guest rooms will not be serviced during short stays except upon request; guidelines will be followed to ensure the protection of the Team Member and the guest
- All pool areas are deep cleaned nightly
- The pool layout has been updated to include social distancing guidelines and proper space between guests
- Barware will be limited to single-use cups and only individually wrapped straws will be available
- Guests are encouraged to reserve an area ahead of time for themselves or their group
- Reservations are highly recommended – guests should come to the restaurant only at their reserved time, so their table is available and to avoid crowding
- Venue capacity has been reduced to 80% with clear signage and indicators as to which spaces will be left unoccupied
- Tables will have a maximum of twelve (12) guests per table
- For guest comfort, single-use, pre-packaged sanitizer wipes will be available at each table and bar top
- All self-serve condiments and utensils will be removed from tables and will be only available from the servers
- Straws will be distributed in a wrapper or will be removed whenever possible
- Linen napkin service will be suspended until further notice and replaced with paper, single-use napkins
- All food and beverage items are to be placed on the table, counter or other surfaces instead of being handed directly to a guest
- All gaming guests will be required to wear a protective face mask in public areas
- Drink service will continue to be available on the casino floor, with drinks served in single-use beverage containers
- Signage will be present regarding hygiene protocols, social distancing standards, and specific casino health and safety practices
- Guests playing slot machines can request a slot team member to sanitize their machine by pressing the service button on their machine
- In our gaming areas, we use stanchions to ensure proper social distancing. Guests who wish to smoke must do so outside of the stanchions
- SAHARA team members and players will be required to wear face masks
- The Poker Room will have a maximum of seven players per table
- Dedicated food service will continue to be available with an updated menu – simply use your phone to scan our QR code at the venue
- We encourage our guests to please maintain a safe social distance
- Locker rooms and steam rooms are now open
- The couples massage suite and relaxation lounge will remain closed until further notice
- Guests will have private rooms for dressing and massage; private treatment rooms are sanitized and disinfected between each service in accordance with State Massage/Cosmetology Board regulations
- Guests are encouraged to arrive no more than 15 minutes prior to treatment times
- All spa staff are required to wear face coverings
- Face coverings during massage services are recommended, but not required; masks are required to be worn when entering/exiting the Spa (walking throughout the facility), during Nail Services (as required by State Board of Cosmetology), as well as while inside the gym portion of our spa
- Facial spa services are the only treatments not required/recommended for masks to be worn
- We encourage our guests to maintain a safe social distance
Frequently Asked Questions
Guests are required to wear protective face masks in public areas. While surgical or cloth masks are acceptable, please refrain from wearing bandannas, or face masks with political, gang-related, or other disruptive messaging.
Yes, guests will continue to receive drink service on the casino floor. The only change will be the use of single-use disposable beverage containers.
With social distancing in mind, SAHARA Las Vegas has a variety of your favorite promotions such as point multipliers, hot seats, kiosk games, and drawings for players who do not need to be present to win. For a list of our latest casino promotions, please click here.
The cleaning guidance from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the Southern Nevada Health District (SNHD) has become SAHARA’s standard cleaning protocol by which all team members are trained. All guest areas are cleaned and disinfected with EPA-approved chemicals that are specifically designated as effective against coronavirus. A comprehensive list of our efforts is listed on our SAHARA Cares page.