Chickie’s & Pete’s
COMING SOON TO SAHARA!
Eat, drink, interact and take going out to the next level! Philly’s favorite crab house and sports bar is coming to Las Vegas! Featuring unrivaled atmosphere, amazing food and the innovative PLAY interactive sports bar.
Make the Ultimate Philly Cheesesteak At Home
• 2 Nine-inch sub rolls
• Sliced American cheese or Cheese Whiz (Chickie’s & Pete’s uses their own signature sauce, but these are good substitutes)
• Diced Spanish onion (optional)
• 1 tbsp vegetable oil
2. When heated, add oil and spread to coat.
3. Immediately add meat in a thin layer.
4. If you are making more than two sandwiches, do this in batches.
5. Turn heat up to maintain a high heat and leave the meat undisturbed for one minute.
6. If you are using onions, (for a “Cheesesteak Wit”), add them to the edges or the side of the pan at this time and allow them to fry.
7. You are looking to get caramelization on the meat at this point.
8. As the meat starts to brown, start pulling it apart with a pair of spatulas or a “wiggle” method with one spatula.
9. Cook the meat until all of the pink is gone, taking care not to dry out the meat.
10. Now, it’s cheese time.
11. For sliced American: Divide the meat into two piles lengthwise and top with three slices of cheese.
12. Allow the cheese to melt.
13. When melted, slide a spatula under the meat and lay it into the roll that has been sliced lengthwise and a “pocket” has formed.
14. Top with onions.
15. For Cheese Whiz: Slide a spatula under the meat and lay it into the roll that has been sliced lengthwise and a “pocket” has formed.
16. Pour heated Cheese Whiz over the steak and top with onions.
Interested in more information? Become a SAHARA Insider for exclusive priority access to news, promotions, and special deals.